You might be wondering what to do at a gender reveal party… play games, of course! In between catching up with your guests, one or two games will keep the party on track and on theme. Try one of these:
- Guessing game. Allow your guests to have a quick peek at your ultrasound image, and then ask them to guess the gender. Give a prize to all those who guessed right.
- Match the theme. Ask your guests to come dressed according to your party’s theme, and give a prize to the best-dressed guest.
- Time capsule. Once the gender is revealed, ask your guests to write down their hopes, predictions, and advice for your baby, and then seal the notes in a box. This box makes a great gift for your child at his or her 16th You could also record the messages on camera to play back for your child in the future.
- Old wives’ tales. You can find lots of old wives’ tales online that claim to predict your baby’s gender. (For example, if your partner is gaining weight, it’s a girl; if he’s maintaining his weight, it’s a boy.) See what the old wives’ tales predict for you, and then have a laugh as the real gender is revealed at the end.
- “Blue or pink, what do you think?” or “Wear your guess!” Before the party, ask guests to dress in blue or pink to match their guess. Then, once the gender is revealed, give a prize to those who guessed right.